The filter for combustible gas is a device used to remove impurities and contaminants that may be present in the gas. Using the filter grants a safe and reliable gas distribution and it is extremely important to ensure the correct functioning and protection of main items of the system, such as pressure regulators, meters, and all devices of end users (burners, boilers, ovens, valves, etc.).
To ensure that the incoming gas is clean, impurity-free and therefore safe, gas filters are used in a wide range of industrial, commercial and domestic applications.
The function of gas filters can be listed as follows:
- Impurity removal: Gas filters are designed to capture and retain solid particles, such as dust, dirt, debris and other impurities in the gas or coming from transport pipes. Particle removal helps keep the system and devices, downstream of the filter, clean.
- Equipment protection: in civil and industrial installations, an unfiltered gas can seriously damage the equipment, like pressure regulators, safety devices, meters, pumps or valves. The use of gas filters prevents damage and ensures the safety of equipment, keeping it efficient over time and reducing the need for costly repairs or replacements.
- Safety of the systems: the installation of the filter before pressure regulators and automatic safety valves is provided in most of the technical regulations for the gas systems design, in order to protect the main devices and to assure the correct system functioning and safety.
- Environmental and health safety: Removing harmful contaminants from gases can help protect the environment and human health. i.e in industrial processes, gas filters can reduce emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere.
- Energy efficiency: the use of gas filters helps to maintain optimal energy efficiency as the presence of particles or impurities in gases might lead to a decrease in the efficiency of industrial processes, of devices, as well as heating and cooling systems. In this way it helps to reduce waste, to promote energy efficiency and higher sustainability in the use of gas.
Metrix Italia offers a complete range of gas filters suitable for every application type; among them you can find filters for low, medium and high pressure.
Should you not find a solution for you needs, please contact us for a customized solution.